Tuesday, September 15, 2009

United Bamboo- Summer/Spring 2010

Glancing through the Spring/Summer 2010 Ready-to-Wear shows I stumbled upon United Bamboo. I thought the designs and construction of the garments to be unique.


So reading up on I found out that United Bamboo is made up of a team of two. Thuy Pham- Vietnamese-born and Miho Aoki- Japanese-born and F.I.T alum. Their New York runway debut was in 1998.

Asymmetrical shapes, innovative fabrics and patterns, and origami type pleating are some of the elements present in their collections.

It was interesting to see their headwear made of black sinamay!

When time permits I always enjoy learning about talented active designers in the wonderful world of fashion!!



Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment