Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Linen-Bamboo Hat Completed!

The hat is finally completed! It took me slightly longer than I anticipated, in between alterations, fittings, and a wedding, I am glad to say it is complete.

It is more of a couture headpiece, it is not an everyday hat for sure.

Working from my sketch I constructed a small top hat from buckram. It is covered in the linen fabric from the skirt I purchased. The linen was perfect to work with, I enjoyed working with the printed white and blue stripes on the fabric.

The tip of the hat is made of rows of bamboo stitched together.

Bamboo pieces are used as a small accent in the front of the headpiece. The top hat is attached to a buckram base which contains horsehair along the edge to attach to ones head.

The top hat is attached to the base at a slight tilt to the side. I also used the linen fabric between the base and top hat with an additional accent of bamboo.

It is perfect for a special occasion, worn at a slight tilt on the head!

Note: This lovely can be purchased in my Etsy shop! It can be yours if so desired!!





Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.

18 comments:

  1. wo ho ho this is amazingly cool! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful..would love to see a photo of you wearing it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You are very talented my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous !! I would love to see it on a "real head".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that we think your blog is fantastic and have awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Please accept it at www.bohemianbutterflycollections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hat is CRAZY DELICIOUS!! Stop by my blog I have a give away going on that I'd love for you to WIN!!

    http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a fabulous hat, maybe you take pictures on a real person?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing!! Love the color and the use of bamboo - who would have thought to use bamboo? You obviously. LOL
    Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so cool! I especially like the flower brooch! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice site.....love the Pucci

    ReplyDelete