Sunday, March 15, 2009

Couture Shell Hat


Several weekends ago, my chef husband went out to the local mercato and bought a variety of seafood. Later that day we ate some wonderful shallots.

I had never seen shallots straight out of their shells. I immediately asked if afterwards I could keep the shells. My husband thought that was funny. He asked me what I wanted to do with them. My first thought was to make a hat, he also thought that was very funny. He asked me how I was going to do that. At the moment I did not know how.

This morning I woke up inspired to work on my shell hat. I pulled out some wonderful gray silk, some cream lace, and some white tulle. Wow, I compeleted my hat all in one morning. Of course it is not to be worn everday, but for that special occassion.
I was so excited by the finished product!
Note: This post was first published on 2/24/09

No comments:

Post a Comment