I was given two pieces of fabric from a client, she requested two different styles of blouse be made for her. Each piece, one yellow pictured above and one pink, which contains the same design she had received as a gift from a friend who is from Vietnam. Her only request was that both blouses contain short sleeves.
Two very important points I had to work with were:
1. There was not much fabric, a little less than a yard, if not exactly a yard.
2. Each piece contained two embroidered pieces, but as you can see from the picture, they are situated inches from the selvage edge.
I had previously worked with this client so I pretty much had a feel for her style. After coming up with the two designs I patterned them out.
I was kind of hesitant to actually cut the fabric, but I went ahead and had two mock-ups to try on.
*Note- I did leave seam allowance and I did not finish any of my edges.
They were both perfect fits! She was very excited and happy with her blouses. I was very satisfied as well, both designs are completely different!
Later this week I will post a picture of the two completed blouses.
I love to work on projects that are a challenge, it keeps it exciting!